To keep children and staff safe and healthy, we have implemented some changes to stop the spread of Covid19. These changes are part of the guidelines released by EEC and are continuously updated. Some of the highlights of the changes are below
- TRHA is a small childcare center with its own standalone building so there is no risk of anyone other than families/staff having access to the building.
- We invested in redesigning the playground so that children can spend as much time as possible outdoors
- There is only one entrance for staff and children
- Layout of the classes has been changed to encourage 6ft distance
- Classes operate independently so that there is minimum interaction between the classes, thus reducing the spread
- Each class keeps windows open for circulation of fresh air.
- School hours have been changed temporarily from 8:00am to 4:30pm (this may change in September 2020).
- Staggered pickup/dropoff times by age group
- Parents and staff fill in the health questionnaire every morning before dropoff
- No one other than the staff or children have access to the building (parents, yoga and dance instructors etc)
- Educators greet the families at the dropoff parking for dropoffs/pickups
- All educators wear masks during the day
- Children over 2 years are encouraged but not required to wear masks. Children younger than 2 years don't wear masks.
- Each child has their own pencil box with their own markers, crayons, scissors, glue stick etc. It goes in their cubby and only that child may use the material in that box.
- Enhanced communication with Holbrook BOH, EEC, families and staff to keep everyone aware of any changes.
- Tours conducted through online videos and zoom calls.
Cleaning and Sanitizing
- The center has plenty of disinfectant, paper towels, gloves, hand sanitizer, extra face coverings etc. to support the new cleaning/sanitizing regiment.
- The staff has been trained in the new guidelines
- Extra staff to assist in cleaning/sanitizing tasks
- High traffic areas (light switches, doorknobs) are disinfected throughout the day.
- At the end of the night all rooms are thoroughly cleaned, disinfected, moped, vacuumed etc.
- If a toy needs to be disinfected from someone putting something in their mouth, that toy goes into a disinfect bucket and those buckets are disinfected during nap time or at the end of the day.
- During nap time the staff does a good clean of all areas while children nap
- Each classroom has a cleaning check list for the day
- Each classroom have their own supply of cleaning materials in a secure location.
Occasionally, the school may need to be closed or have a delayed start/early closure in the event of severe weather or major facility failures (heat, power, water, etc.). The decision to be close the school will be made by the director. We must be able to insure the safety of the children in order to open. The procedure for families to follow is outlined below.
- If the Holbrook Public Schools are closed, The Red House Academy would be closed too.
- Alert notices will be put on the website, be sent out by email, twitter updates, DOJO, and be updated on the school’s voicemail.
Late Start/Early Release:
- If the Holbrook Public Schools are starting late by an hour or more, the school will not open until after 8:00 AM due to the need to clear paths and driveways.
- In order to insure everyone’s safety, it is necessary to call the school at 781-767-3110 before 8 AM and leave a message to notify the school if your child is going to attend or not.
- In the event of an early closing, parents or the person designated on your Emergency Release Form will be notified to come pick up your child. All families are required to have someone who can pick up quickly (under 60 minutes) in the event of an emergency or illness.
- All parents should speak to a teacher at the school before taking children out in bad weather.
- No child will ever be left at the school unattended either by staff or parent.
The school’s voicemail will also be updated as decisions are made during times like these. Please call the school with any questions and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Your understanding and cooperation in such situations would help in ensuring the safety of the staff and children, which is always our first priority.