Occasionally, the school may need to be closed or have a delayed start/early closure in the event of severe weather or major facility failures (heat, power, water, etc.). The decision to be close the school will be made by the director. We must be able to insure the safety of the children in order to open. The procedure for families to follow is outlined below.
- If the Holbrook Public Schools are closed, The Red House Academy would be closed too.
- Alert notices will be put on the website, be sent out by email, twitter updates, Facebook parents page and be updated on the school’s voicemail.
Late Start/Early Release:
- If the Holbrook Public Schools are starting late by an hour or more, the school will not open until after 8:00 AM due to the need to clear paths and driveways.
- In order to insure everyone’s safety, it is necessary to call the school at 781-767-3110 before 8 AM and leave a message to notify the school if your child is going to attend or not.
- In the event of an early closing, parents or the person designated on your Emergency Release Form will be notified to come pick up your child. All families are required to have someone who can pick up quickly (under 60 minutes) in the event of an emergency or illness.
- All parents should speak to a teacher at the school before taking children out in bad weather.
- No child will ever be left at the school unattended either by staff or parent.
The school’s voicemail will also be updated as decisions are made during times like these. Please call the school with any questions and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Your understanding and cooperation in such situations would help in ensuring the safety of the staff and children, which is always our first priority.